Aims of the charity
- To give (within the charity’s powers and resources) shelter and care to Staffordshire Bull Terriers.
- To actively seek to rehome dogs who come into our care.
- To promote responsible ownership of domestic dogs.
- To encourage kindness and humanity in their treatment.
- To encourage the neutering of all dogs and to try to assist financially, those who are unable to fully meet the cost.
- To encourage the microchipping, regular vaccination, worming and neutering of pets.
- To be available when required to give advice and help concerning Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Scotland.
- Educate the public about this breed.
- Lobby the ScottishParliament to control the indiscriminate breeding of dogs, in particular, Staffordshire Bull Terriers.
Adopting From Us
Since we operate on a home-from-home basis we don’t have a rehoming centre with dogs in kennels where dogs can be visited and viewed.
We are an entirely volunteer run organisation so aren’t able to have continually manned telephones, email or Facebook page – or set office hours.
We ask for a £100 donation if your home-check is successful and you choose to go ahead with adopting a dog. This helps towards the costs of neutering/spaying. microchipping, vaccinations, flea and worming treatment and transport costs.
Behaviour and Training
We work with well qualified training advisors to ensure that our volunteers and people who adopt from us have access to the best quality advice on dog behaviour and training.
Volunteer Of The Month
My 1st rescue was the beautiful Poppy. I collected and transported her to a foster home. Seeing her pictures and watching her blossom from the frightened dog I collected to the amazing girl she is now.
Then I helped move the crazy boy, Diesel! The committee asked if I would be willing to give him a home for a few weeks til we could find him a new foster……well that was an experience. He was wild. A bouncing, barking lovable boy who just needed someone to give him space to be the dog he hadn’t had the chance to be. Last week going to see him getting his adoption papers signed was a fantastic day! Colette, David and Diesel were meant to be.
Going to events and raising money to help all our puppers is hard work but rewarding. Meeting people that love our breed as much as me….its special. Not only have i met wonderful dogs but I’ve got a new group of amazing friends!
I’ve helped a few dogs and being able to open my home and my sofa to a pup in need is so fulfilling. I feel that my girl would be proud of me.